St. Michael's Credit Union are delighted to announce the relaunch of the Tony Burke Bursary. The bursary is now worth €1,500 to a Leaving Cert student attending any recognised third level institution.
We invite all Leaving Cert students to apply for the bursary, who are members of St. Michael’s Credit Union or eligible to become a member. The bursary will not be decided on academic merit but will be awarded through a draw at St. Michael’s Credit Union, with the date to be decided. All students present on the day of the draw will also receive college starters pack from St. Michael’s Credit Union. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to acquire €1,500 towards their college costs.
All you have to do is complete the application form and return it to St. Michael's Credit Union. It's as simple as that!
To be eligible to apply for the 2017 bursary, a person must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must be either a member or the child of a member of good standing of St. Michael’s Credit Union as at 1st January 2017.
- The applicant must be in receipt of an offer of a place at a recognised third-level institution.
- The course the applicant intends to pursue must be a full-time course of at least two years’ duration and must lead to the award of a Higher Certificate, its equivalent or a higher award.
- The applicant must be entering third-level education in the academic year 2017/2018 for the first time as a school-leaver.
Terms and Conditions
- It is the responsibility of applicants to provide the required information prior to the bursary draw and to be present or a family member at the event.
- A draw will take place with all successful applicants included. The bursary is not based on academic performance.
- The awarding of the bursary will be made by the Board of Directors of St. Michael’s Credit Union at a date of its choosing. It is a condition of the bursary that the successful applicant will be present in person to receive the award.
- Continued payment of the bursary is dependent on the satisfactory progress of the holder, as evidenced by registration documentation.
- The bursary will be paid in two equal instalments of €750 each academic year, the first in mid-October and the second in early February.
- The application form must be completed in full and returned to the St. Michael’s Credit Union offices by Friday 22nd of September 2017.
Outline of the Selection Process
- Application forms for the bursary will be available at St. Michael’s Credit Union’s office and can be downloaded from our website from early June 2017.
- The completed application form must be returned to St. Michael’s Credit Union’s office by Thursday, 31 August 2017. Following the issuing of First Round offers by the CAO, and must be accompanied by:
- Evidence of the offer of a place at a recognised third-level institution.
- Completed application form.
- Following the closing date, all eligible applications will be processed to ensure that all the required information is present for each applicant.
- Successful applicants will be notified and invited to attend the bursary draw at St. Michael’s Credit Union. The date of the draw has not yet been set but sufficient notice will be provided to applicants.
- Under no circumstances will late applications be considered and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the awarding of the Scholarship.
- The draw for the awarding of the bursary will be binding on St. Michael’s Credit Union.